Have you ever wondered how to join and immerse yourself in the exciting world of the TwitchRP (TRP) GTA RP server? If so, this practical guide is just for you. Let’s delve into the simple steps for you to become a part of this community and kickstart your role-playing journey within the Grand Theft Auto RP universe. Whether you’re a newbie or a seasoned player, this comprehensive guide will assist you in taking those initial steps and honing your skills on the TwitchRP TRP server.
How To Apply TwitchRP (TRP) GTA RP server step by step guide
It’s a whitelist-only server and we run the community through Discord. Join the Discord server here.
- To apply to the GTA server, head on over to the Rules page and be prepared to follow those.
- Then check out the GTA server rules and be sure to understand them.
- Then hit the Apply button at the top of this page or go here and link your Steam and Discord accounts to the website.
- Please ensure that the Discord account you link is the same as the one you used to join our server.
Once your application is approved, you’ll get an email and a bunch of new GTA chat channels like #los-santos-gta-general will appear in the Discord.
You’ll need Grand Theft Auto V on PC and the FiveM mod to play. Both Steam and Rockstar Social Club versions of GTA V should work fine.
- Go to FiveM.net
- Hit “Download Client”
- Copy the downloaded .exe file to your preferred install location (currently requires ~650MB of space)
- Run it and select your GTA 5 install directory when prompted (If you use Steam, right-click on the game, Properties > Local Files > Browse local files to check your directory)
FiveM will automatically download everything required to play on TRP’s GTA server.
We do suggest you download and install this MapZoomData.meta file and copy it into FiveM.app\citizen\common\data\ui. Be sure to rename your original file something memorable (e.g. MapZoomData.meta.old) if you wish to revert.
You are expected to know and abide by all the server rules listed here.
New characters spawn at City Hall
You will see two green circles:
- City Hall
- Chamber of Commerce
- Step inside the City Hall green circle
- Select “New Identity” and enter your RP First Name, Last Name, and Age
- Main Menu (Tilde ~ Key) -> Identity: Displays all your information if you set up your Identity correctly
- You can get a second character by having a second Steam ID whitelisted. Alternatively, you are free to create a new character at any point. Simply return to the City Hall green circle and start the process from scratch. You get a new phone number and lose all all of your previous phone contacts. Choose wisely.
Failure to create an Identity will result in one warning and then a permanent ban
Customizing Your Character
Walk to the Clothing Store “Suburban” on Hardwick Ave. It’s one block NW of City Hall.
Once inside, you will have to make a choice. Do you want to use the FreeMode skin or NPC skin?
- FreeMode Skin: Gives players the most customization.
- NPC Skin: Little to no customization.
Creating your character using FreeMode Skins
Note: You must do these steps in this exact order.
- Go to the Clothing Store by City Hall. Step into the blue circle (Cloakroom) in the back right of the store by the mirror.
- Choose Male or Female.
- Go to the Barber Shop down the street to customize your Face.
- Select “Face” in Barber Shop Menu FIRST. Use the Left/Right Arrow Keys to see all Face options.
- Once you’ve chosen your face then look at all the other options in the Barber Shop Menu.
- Use the Left/Right Arrow keys to change features. Press “Enter” to change colors.
- Go back to the Clothing Store.
- Step into the green circle in the middle of the store to customize your clothes.
- NOTE: Use the “Hands” option to make your upper body fit into the clothes correctly.
- Visit the Jewelry Store and Mask Store for more accessory options!
Creating your character using the NPC Skins
NOTE: THE BARBER SHOP DOES NOT WORK WITH NPC SKINS
- Use the 2 blue circles at the front of the Clothing Store to find the male or female NPC skin you want.
- Some NPC skins spawn in invisible. Step into the green circle in the middle of the store and cycle through any of the clothing options with the left/right arrow keys to make the skin appear.
- Step into the green circle in the middle of the store to see if the NPC model has clothing options. Some have more options than others.
- Visit the Jewelry Store and Mask Store to see if the NPC model has accessory options. Some have more options than others.
There are many different walk styles available to make your character distinct. You can choose from these in the phone menu.
Skills affect many things in Los Santos. Some grant access to additional activities in town. Others increase your chances of successfully completing activities.
- Fishing – This skill improves fishing loot when levelled.
- Automotive – This skill unlocks automotive activities when levelled.
- Brewing – This skill opens up new brewing opportunities and increases success chance.
- Scavenging – This skill improves loot chances when digging.
- Criminal – This skill opens up criminal content when levelled.
- Cooking – This skill opens up new cooking opportunities and increases success chances.
- Business – This skill opens up new business opportunities when levelled.
- Mining – This skill improves mining loot when levelled.
- Mechanics – This skill opens up new weapon and item crafting options.
- Chemistry – This skill opens up new chemistry crafting options.
- Agriculture – This skill opens up new agricultural options.
- Health: Increasing health allows Players to absorb more damage before unconsciousness.
- Shooting: Increasing shooting allows the player to hold more ammo while improving accuracy.
- Flying: Increasing flying improves plane handling.
- Stealth: Increasing stealth reduces wanted times and reports from NPCs.
- Strength: Increasing strength allows players to hold more items in their personal inventory.
- Stamina: Increasing stamina allows the player to run for longer amounts of time.
- Driving: Increasing driving improves vehicle handling.
- Lung Capacity: Increasing lung capacity allows the player to hold their breath longer.
There are eight unique jobs available, each with their own garages and stores. To get a job:
- Go back to City Hall where you created your identity and step inside the second green circle.
- Choose the job you want and buy the application.
- Select the application in your inventory.
You have now chosen a profession and that specific work garage is now available to you.
Congratulations! You’re ready to start your life in Los Santos. For more information on how our server works, check the full QuickStart guide pinned in the Discord #gta-announcements channel.