Non-Roleplay Meaning (Non-RP) – GTA RP Terms
Non-Roleplay behavior is considered as actions that are unrealistic or promote poor quality roleplay. It’s difficult to interpret or understand what good roleplay can be sometimes, and we aim to steer players in the direction we want them to go through our server rules.
Explaining Non-Roleplay Term
Non-roleplay is a term used to describe unrealistic events or actions that hurt the roleplay experience of others or are unrealistic. A common example of this would be using a sport or super-car to ram other vehicles.
This is considered non-roleplay because this is a very unrealistic action. Roleplay is meant to be as realistic as possible. Another example would be to spawn a vehicle from a farm as a farmer, only to use that vehicle to commit crimes and not use the vehicle for the actual job.
Non-Roleplay Meaning server rules
Players are welcome to speak to staff for guidance in regard to roleplay. Some examples (not exhaustive) of Non-RP:
- Ignoring Roleplay such as
- Doing wheelies on motorcycles in chases or in other situations where the speed grants an advantage over others. (The speed boost from doing wheelies in GTA 5 is unrealistic thus it’s not allowed in situations where the speed is an advantage over others). Leaning forward is fine.
- Baiting Government Services without proper IC motive. (For example, bank robbers have IC motive to bait police if they want to get their attention away from the bank they are wanting to rob).
- Not roleplaying the effects of being tazed more than once unless there are RP factors involved.
- Asking to be killed or forcing your own death. (Players are not allowed to force their death, they only die when they bleed out by the script).
- Unrealistic Stunt Jumping
- Misusing Expensive Vehicles
- Using Script Work Vehicles for other purposes than the intended job.
- Submerging any vehicle in water intentionally.
- Swimming for an unrealistic amount of time in a chase. Always have a goal when you swim in a chase, don’t just swim out to the ocean.
- Stealing from / tampering with an OOC F4 Menu.
- Using a vehicle to block one-way entry/exits of e.g., banks and stores.
- Government-funded faction members must go off duty when not performing faction duties IC.
- Putting on and/or replenishing armor when your character is in immediate danger (e.g. being shot at).
- Climbing steep hills and/or mountains in non-appropriate vehicles, mechanics and LSEMS vehicles are exempt. Appropriate vehicles are for example; Kamacho, Contender, Caracara, Scout, Brawler, BF-400,, Non-Appropriate Vehicles are for example; Novak, Rebla, Shinobi, Hakuchou, Warrener, Exemplar, Elegy, Drafter.
In roleplay scenarios, players are required to remain In-Character all times. Roleplay can only be paused or voided by admin staff. This means that if for example, a player feels that another player has broken a server rule, they should not stop roleplaying and argue in an OOC chat, instead, they should submit a report, document the situation, and continue to roleplay.